Kadai paneer is a mouthwatering recipe. Paneer cooked in a spicy gravy made of tomatoes, onions, capsicum and traditional Indian spices.
Kadai can be prepared in semi-dry /dry versions. You can also cook it with gravy. For kadai paneer we make kadai masala at home using dried red chillies and dried corrainder.
Red chillies make the dish spicy. If we want to prepare less spicy then use kashmiri red chillies which gives vibrant color but it makes less spicy. This kadai masala can be used in other vegetables as well.
Total time – 40 mins
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins
Cussine – Main course
250 gm paneer
2 medium size onions
4-5 large tomatoes
1 medium size capsicum
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp red chili powder
Salt as needed
1 onion medium (cubed)
1 small capsicum (cubed)
200 grams paneer
Fresh corrainder Chopped leaves
Steps and pictures
1. Blend coriander seeds and red chilies and make a fine powder and keep aside.
2. Add oil saute onions in heated pan until its turns golden.
3. Add 🍅 tomatoes and cashew nuts on a medium heat, saute until tomatoes turn mushy and soft.
4. Now cool it completely and make a smooth paste
5. In a same pan add oil, capsicum and onions saute on a high flame for few minutes. Until it half cooked.
6. Now add paneer cook on a medium flame for 2mins. Keep aside..
7. In it add oil and heat it. Now add ginger and garlic past, saute until the raw smell goes.
8. Add the kadai massala and saute it well. Mine got little burnt so do it on a low flame.
9. Add onion and tomato paste
10. Now add salt, garam masala and red chili powder. Saute for 2 mins.
11. Add water, kasuri methi and boil it.
12. Add the sauted onions, capsicum and paneer.
13.Mix well, boil for 2 minutes and add fresh green coriander leaves .
14. Serve hot with Naan or Chapati.
Tips and Variations
1. Kadhai massala can be prepared in advance and store it for longer periods.
2. This masala can be used for any other dry vegetables.