14 December, 2019
Rasmalai is made of two words Ras+Malai.. It is one of the famous Bengali Sweet and one of my favorite dish as well. Also known as royal dish which mainly served in weddings and on a special occasion. It is served as small, soft, and spongy cotton cheese balls that are keep in creamy keasar milk.
This is popular Bengali dessert, also known as Rossomoloi. It takes long time to prepare traditional way this recipe needs some patience. If we use cow milk for making this recipe it give us better result. I have made it with normal fresh milk and it comes out great.
2 cup fresh cheena home made
1 cup sugar
8-10 saffron strands
2 tbs milk masala(almonds, pistachios and cardamon powder)
2 cups water
Method of making Rabri:
1. Pour milk in a heavy pan. When it comes to boiling reduce flame to low.
2. Add saffron and stir well.
3. Stir at regular intervals to prevent sticking and cook until it quantity reduces to half.
4. Now add milk masala and sugar and cook for 3-4 mins until sugar dissolves.
5. Now keep rabri aside let it get cool on room temperature.
Method for making balls:
1. Crumble the cheena with hands.
2. Mash and crumbled Chhena ,kneading chhena together and turns into dough.
3. Divide in to small balls of equal size. Now flatten between your palms press it gently.
4. Take water in a pan boil it, when it starts boiling add sugar . Stir it till sugar get dissolved.
5. Now add balls into boiling water one by one.
6. Cover the lid and boil for 5 minutes in a medium flame. After 5 minutes flip the balls with a spatula and cook for another 5 minutes. Now you can see the size of balls are double.
7. Now transfer to a large bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
8.After that drain excess water by pressing balls, press gently it may break If you apply too much pressure.
9. Now add balls into rabri and keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 hrs.
10. Serve chilled