Is the one of the best recipes for rice lovers. This recipe is mainly from Italy and Spain and the best part it is not difficult to cook at home. In fact it is quite easy to make with a handful ingredients. This dish can be served as a main dish. This recipe is slightly spicy but same time you can adjust with that. It’s a very nutritious because of Red Beans. According to your choice you can add more vegetables. Although this dish can be easily packed in lunch boxes. Those who are on dieting they can also add this recipe on their diet but they need to add less rice and more vegetables.
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
Total time – 45mins
Cooked Basmati Rice – 4 cups
Tomatoes – 2 large (1inch piece)
Olive Oil – 2 tbs
1 Red Capsicum Chopped
1 Yellow Capsicum Chopped
Garlic 6 cloves
Onion Sliced 1 large
1 Carrot 1 Inch Pieces
1 Cup Corn
1 Cup Red Kidney Beans
Coriander leaves chopped
Steps of making Mexican Rice:
1. Rinse and soak rice for at least 20 minutes. Cook in boiled water.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium range.
3. Add garlic and onions, cook for a few minutes until onions have become transparent.
4. Add tomatoes and capsicum and cook for a minute.
5. Add corn and kidney beans and mix well.
6. Now add cooked rice and mix. Cook for few minutes, serve hot.