This is one of those recipe which can be prepared with few ingredients or I can say the vegetables which are available in our kitchen. Even we can add egg also to make it more delicious. Corn rice is one of the favourite recipe of my kids they always ready to take in their lunchboxes. In morning time when mom’s are in hurry to cook and pack lunchboxes. This recipe we can cook fast it’s super easy to make too same time it is very delicious and healthy.
Although the dish is called ‘ Corn Fried Rice’ we usually stir everything quickly on medium -High flame.
I have added spring onions because my daughter love it, you can add capsicum or any other vegetables which enhance the taste of the recipe.
Ingredients for Corn rice
1 cup cooked basmati rice
1/2 cup fresh corn
1/2 cup green onion / spring onion
2-3 garlic cloves
Salt as per taste
Garam masala (optional)
1/2 tsp olive oil
Steps and Images of making corn rice:
1. Remove corn from the cob and washed it. I have used fresh corn If u want you can use packed one also.
2. Boil the corn for 4-5 minutes and strain it.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add garlic sauté till it turn into golden colour.
5. Now, add spring onion sauté for 2 mins
6. Now add boiled corn and salt.
7. Add boiled rice mix it nicely.
8. Sweet corn rice is ready to serve.