Aloo chaat is one of the famous street food in North India.It can be served as a snack, a side dish or a light meal It is made from boiled and fried potatoes tikki served with chat masala .
Sometimes aloo chaat is also served topped with an array of chutneys. Weight watchers can enjoy this chaat by baking instead of deep frying the potatoes.
We always have the carving of eating aloo chaat.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serving : 2
Ingredients renquired for chaat:
1 small onion
1 medium tomato
1 small raw mango
2 tbs Tamarind chutney
2 tbs Green chutney
2 tbs Khata meetha pani
100gm White chickpeas
1 cup Sev
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt as per taste.
Ingredients for making aloo tikki:
1. 2 boiled potatoes mashed and peeled.
2. 1/2tsp garam masala
3. 1/2tsp jeera powder
4. 1/4 chaat masala
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil for roasting
Steps for making aloo tikki :
1. In a big bowl add boiled potatoes.
2. Add red chili powder, garam masala, aamchur, chat masala and salt.
3. Mix well all the ingredients together and make tikkis.
4. Heat oil/ghee roast tikki on tawa in a medium flame. Roast both the side of tikki till it turn crisp.
Steps for aloo tikki chat :
1. Heat ghee on a pan add two roasted tikki(serving for 1).
2. Add boiled chana(2tbs) add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, raw mango.
3. Add all dry spices(cumin powder, chat masala, red chili powder, salt).
4. Switch off the gas take it on a plate.
5. Add 1 tbsp curd, 1tsp green chutney, tamarind chutney, handful of fine sev, coriander leaves, khata meetha pani.
6. Serve immediately.
Tips and variations :
- Add more vegetables while making tikkis to make it more nutritious.
- Adjust spices according to taste.
- Serve aloo tikki chaat immediately.
3 Comments Add yours
Yum evening snack