Tea time culture around the world calls for some delicious and indulgent spread of cookies and cakes. One such delicacy is butterscotch loaf cake which is a perfect tea-time snake and can be prepared at home easily. This flavoursome cake is a perfect treat for tastebuds and can be made with some easily available ingredients in your kitchen. It is the easiest recipe of cake which you can prepare at home without putting in efforts.
Whole Wheat flour 1 cup
Milk powder 1/2 cup
Icing sugar 1/2 cup
Butter 70 grams
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Yellow color few drops
Butterscotch essence 1/2 tsp
Steps and pictures :
1. Take a large bowl and mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and milk powder.
2. Sieve 3 times flour, baking powder, baking soda and milk powder and keep aside.
3. In a bowl add cold butter and icing sugar.
4. Mix butter and icing sugar using, mix well using electric beater till it light fluffy.
5. Take the flour which we have mixed in step 1. Mix the flour in above mixture gradually and add milk. Till the mixture is smooth and light. This step usually takes 3 mins or sometime its vary on speed of machine.
6. Now add color and essence, mix for few seconds.
7.Pre-heat oven at 160 degree for 10 mins.
8. Line a parchment paper on baking tray and lightly dust it with flour.
9.Add the batter to the dish.
10. Baked in a pre heated oven at 160 degree for 30 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out dry.
11. Ready to serve.