I must say it is a one of the easiest and healthy recipe which I have seen. Poha/flattened rice/ beaten rice is an easily available ingredient in Indian Kitchen.It is very versatile and can be used to create variety of breakfast, tiffin food and snacks. Making Poha Cutlet is simple and easy, also it’s really Yum. If you are on diet this recipe will perfectly fit on your diet chart.An easy recipe can try with minimum ingredients.
1 cup poha
2 medium size boiled potatoes
2 tbsp onion finely chopped
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp chat masala powder
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp ghee for frying
1. Soak poha for 2 mins , drain water. Poha should be soft.
2. Add boiled potatoes , mash it.
3.Now add poha, salt, chat masala, garam masala, onion , ginger and garlic paste. Make dough.
4.Make cutlets of equal size and keep in the refrigerator for an hour..
5. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cutlets till golden colour on medium flame.
6. Flip the cutlet again fry it until it became golden brown
7. Now cutlets are ready, serve hot with green chutney / Sauce.
Tips and Variations
1. We can use thick or thin poha, poha soak accordingly.Thin poha take less time thick poha take more time.
2. We can add chopped vegetables also like capsicum, peas, cauliflower etc.
3. We can do deep fry also, dip into cornflour mixture.