Paneer Bhurji usually tastes well when made with soft Paneer- I usually prefer home-made Paneer for this dish. The fresh paneer is roughly crumbled or grated and added to the mixture of onion-tomato and several aromatic spices. It gives delicious taste when added with black pepper and capsicum. It always perfect dish with Naan, chapati, Puri or paratha.
Its a famous North Indian dish. It can be served as side dish in Indian dinner or Lunch or simply you can use paneer Bhurji as stuffing for sandwiches.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serve : 2
Ingredients to make paneer bhurji:
- 1 cup fresh paneer crumbled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 medium capsicum chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp green coriander chopped
Steps of making paneer bhurji:
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add Cummins seeds and crackle them, add onions sauté until it became golden.
2. Now add coriander powder and ginger garlic paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
3. Now,Add chopped capsicum, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Once capsicum cooked now add finely chopped tomatoes , turmeric powder, jeera powder, garam masala and salt.
6. Sauté until tomatoes became soft.
7. Once tomato is done now add crumbled paneer.
8. Mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Now bhurji paneer is ready to serve, garnish with green coriander leaves.
Tips and Variations:
1. Always use fresh paneer for nice taste.
2. If you want you can add more vegetables like cauliflower, carrot , beans, peas so on.