Extremely delicious and creamy taste of an authentic recipe of methi matar malai. This recipe is quite easy to prepare at home because it has easy steps and the handful ingredients which are easily available in kitchens.
The curry in the dish tastes mild but you can easily adjust the spice levels according to your requirement.
Winter is the time when you can put green vegetables like fenugreek leaves to use. I used dried fenugreek leaves which is known as kasoori methi . You can choose any one according to the availability. Here In Malaysia it’s difficult to find fresh Methi . Trust me it also taste awesome.
Made with fenugreek leaves and peas this dish is a scrumptious as it sounds.Main ingredients make the dish extremely healthy because it is light on spice.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time : 20 times
Total time: 35 minutes
2 onions medium size
1 cup green peas
1/2 cup dried kasoori methi leaves
1/2 cup fresh curd
60 gram fresh cream
2 Tbsp butter
Salt as per taste
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup cashew nuts
1 bay leaves
1-2 big cardamom
Water for boiling
Steps for making Matar Malai Methi:
1. Heat the water in a large bowl, add onion, cashew nuts and ginger boil for 20-25 minutes.
2. Strain the water, don’t keep onions in water for longer time otherwise strong smell of onion will come. Make it cool.
3. Once it get completely cool. Add fresh curd , now make a fine paste using grinder.
4. Heat butter in a pan add spices.
5. Now add onions paste which we have prepared earlier in step 3. Fry it. After 2-3 mins add salt, black pepper, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
6. Now add kasoori Methi ( fenugreek leaves) add green peas. Mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Now add fresh cooking cream , mix it well and cook for 3-4 minutes..
8. Methi matar malai is ready to serve,best to serve with garlic naan and jeera rice. Garnish with fresh cream.