Butter cookies is a delicious American recipe prepared with flour, butter and sugar. This desert dish is easy to bake and can be adjusted to everyones sweet tooth, by adjusting the amount of sugar. It can be enjoyed as a desert, snack or as an accompainment to tea, coffee ot any hot beverage. Try it as sweet vegetarian dish on festival like christmas. Its great to include in a gift hamper made for friends or relatives around the festival season.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Total time – 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for butter cookies:
2 1/4 cup All purpose flour or 450 gram
1 1/4 cup unsalted butter or 300 gram
1 cup sugar or 150 gram
2 tsp vanilla essence
Steps for making cookies:
1.Pre Heat the oven at 180 degree celsius for 5 mins
2.Take a bowl, add soft butter and beat it using electric whisker for 2 minutes.
3. Now add sugar and make if fluffy using electric whisker.
4.Now add all purpose flour, vanilla essence on sugar butter mixture obtained in step 2.
5.Mix with hand and make a dough, without kneading too much.
6. Get the mixture together without applying much pressure.
7. Now make small ball sized cookies
8.Press gently with your hand and make desired designs using the mould.
9. Place it over a baking tray laying with Baking sheet
10. Furthermore bake in pre heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 10 mins
Tips and Variations:
1.Keep them in Air tight jar and enjoy the same during festival season.
2. Do not knead the dough so much.