Today I am sharing the BEST recipe for red velvet cupcakes. This recipe works well for red velvet cake layers as well. This recipe is originally originated from United States.
Red Velvet cupcake recipe is moist, delicious, and has just the right amount of cocoa.
These are the best red velvet cupcakes I’ve ever had, and the easiest recipe you’ll ever find. If you’ve ever wanted to make red velvet cupcakes from scratch. Try this simple recipe. You’ll come out looking like a superhero baker to anyone you serve them to.
If you soft, springy, and bouncy, like cakes, cupcakes, and muffins, I generally prefer using oil to butter because oil does a better job keeping things soft and moist.
The same can be said for buttermilk. It does a fabulous job of tenderizing and softening the texture and crumb of breads and cakes.
These homemade red velvet cupcakes with are soft, springy, and moist. There’s just enough chocolate flavor to satisfy your chocolate cravings, without being overdone.
I think Valentine’s Day is perfect day to serve red velvet cup cakes for sweet lovers.
Preparation time 10mins
Baking time 15 mins
Total time 25 mins
Serve 6-8 cupcakes
All purpose flour – 125 grams
Cornflour 1.5 tbs
Baking powder 1tsp
Baking soda 1tsp
Powder sugar 90 grams
Oil 45 ml
Butter milk 125 ml
Coca powder 1/2 tsp
Red colour 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
Steps and Images
1.Preheat the oven to 150 degree. Sift together flour , baking powder and baking soda. Set flour keep aside.
2. Mix butter milk, oil, sugar powder, coca powder together. Mix using whisk for few seconds.
3. Now add red colour and vanilla essence.
4. Now, mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients ( all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder) using whisk
5. Now pour the batter on baking tray. Fill it half. If you want you can put some chocolate strands on it . Or you can put after baking also.
6. Now bake it at 150 degree for 15 mins. As always say time for different ovens vary, so it’s better to check in between.
7. Make it cool and serve it. If you want you can store in air tight container without refrigerator for 3 – 4 days.