Looking for a quick cake recipe? Then try this easy walnuts semolina cake. Few easy steps and indulge in the goodness of this cake and same time cake is healthy also.
This super easy and quick cake is different from the mainstream chocolate, strawberry and pineapple cakes. In India this cake is popular with the name of Rava cake and very easy to make at home, it is best recipe for beginners.
This cake is unique it made with semolina flour , this recipe doesn’t required any hand beater or electronic beater.
Semolina gives the cake a uniquely light, crumbly texture. This cake stays moist and delicious for few days and can be served without any icing also
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 8 pieces
Semolina/ Rava -225 grams
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Sugar 210 gram
Olive oil 1/3 cup
Milk 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
1/2 cup walnuts
1. In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.Mix all the dry ingredients well. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl add yogurt, whisk it well to get rid of any lumps. Now add milk , oil, sugar, vanilla essence. Whisk well ,so all the wet ingredients are mixed.
3. Add the semolina to the liquid batter mix well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes the semolina will absorbed the liquid, the batter will became thicker. Now transfer the batter to the baking tin and garnish with walnuts.
5. Bake the cake in the middle of the rack at 180 degree for 40 minutes.
6. Cool the cake on a rack for 15 minutes. Then remove from the tin and cut in to the desired pieces.
Tips and Tricks:
1. You may replace yogurt with 2 medium eggs.
2. If you have thick semolina than grind in to blender.
3. You can substitute oil with butter.