Shahi means name suggest this is a royal paneer dish which is cooked in a rich yogurt and cream based gravy. It’s a famous North Indian dish. I have gone through different recipes of making Shahi Paneer. In some recipes tomatoes is used. I have cooked using the gravy of cashewnuts. I cooked this recipe for my potluck everyone liked it very much hope u all also liked it. One common thing which I have seen in every recipe uncooked paneer is used because it enhance the taste of gravy.
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
Total time – 30 mins
Paneer – 200 gm
Onion 1 large
Oil 2 tsp
Ginger and garlic paste 1/2 tsp (optional)
Cashew nuts paste 1/2 cup
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Steps and images:
1. Boil the onions and cashewnuts in water till it change the color.
2. After boiling of onion make it cool and make fine paste.
3.Heat the oil in a pan and add cardamom, black pepper and bay leave.
4. Add green chillies and boil onion paste and saute for 3 to 4 mins on low heat, so it should not change the color, add ginger and garlic paste saute for 1 min.
5. Add the yogurt and saute till the water get absorbed.
6. Now add cream, saffron and garam massala and salt to taste.
7. Add the paneer and stir gently to mix and boil it for 2-3 mins.
Tips and Variations
1. Always use uncooked paneer in gravy for best result.
2. For extra creamy texture add fresh cream always.