Raj bhog is a traditional Bengali sweets. It’s prepared just like Rasugullah. The size of the Raj bhog are much bigger as compared to any other Bengali sweets. There are two colors of Raj Bhog orange and yellow. I had tried yellow color because it look more appealing .
These desserts are generally prepared during festive season. A Bengali meal is simply incomplete without Raj bhog. I have made this recipe without using cornflour and maida.
Preparation time : 1 hr
Cooking time : 15 mins
Cusine : Dessert
1.5 litre milk for cheena.
Crushed dry fruits / milk masala.
Few drops of orange colour.
7-8 Saffron strands.
For sugar syrup
4 Cups water.
1.5 cups Sugar.
Few drop of rose water(optional)
1. Crushed dry fruits and keep aside.
2.Knead fresh cheena till it turn smooth. It takes 5 minutes.
3. Divide cheena into two portions.
4. Add color in one portion, In another portion mixed crushed dry fruits.
5. Now make small balls of coloured cheena stuffed it with dry fruits / Milk masala cheena.
6.Make round balls keep aside.
7. In a deep pan add water, when it start boiling add sugar.
8. Boil the syrup for 10 minutes on medium flame.
9. Drop the cheena balls in the boiling sugar syrup. Cover and boil for 10-12 minutes, the cheena will have doubled size.
10. Let it get cool and then refrigerate it.
11. Send cool Raj bhog.
Tips and Variations:
1. Always try to use fresh homemade cheena.
2.Dough should not be knead for long.
3. It’s always prepared at bigger size of Rasugullah.