Rajma pulav is healthy, delicious and easy recipe to cooked, with the mint flavor. You can add this dish in variety rice dish. Something easy and simple. This dish can be served in lunch series and it’s a perfect for lunch box. You can use your own regular recipe with this Rajma pulav too. It’s a complete protein dish for vegetarian.
A lot of punjabi considered rajma and rice as one of the favorite Sundays lunch.. Even I used to cooked every Sunday my family always ready to eat rajma rice.. Rajma pulav is inspired from the rajma rice but a simpler version for the same with little variation. It turned out really good in taste.
Red kidney beans /Rajma- 1/2 cup
Basmati rice/ Normal rice
Ginger and garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Onion 1 sliced
Tomato 🍅 1 Chopped
Garam masala powder /rajma masala powder.
Mint leaves / pudhina 12-15
Salt as needed
Ghee 2 tbsp
Cummin seeds 1/2 tsp
Steps and Pictures
- Soak rajma overnight, next day drain water, add 2 cups water and and pressure cook until rajma becomes soft.
- Washed rice and keep it aside for 30mins.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker add
Cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon saute for 1 min. Add onion saute till it becomes transparent and add ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add finely Chopped tomato and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add cooked rajma, mint leaves, salt and garam masala, mix well.
6.Add soaked rice, pour water 1.5 cup. Mix well and close the lid and give 2 whistles.
- After two whistles turn off the gas and pressure is released by itself than open the lid, add fresh Chopped green corrainder leaves. Rajma pulav is ready to serve with raita.
Tips and Variations
- Always choose red rajma over black rajma.
- You can used cooking rajma water while adding water in soaked rice.
- Basmati rice are optional you can use normal rice,